At Emery Medical Solutions we specialize in X-Ray imaging services for Apopka and all of Orlando. An x-ray is a medical test that physicians use to diagnosis and treat their patient’s medical conditions. It is the oldest and most commonly used form of medical testing. An X-ray is a painless and quick test for the patient to endure. It involves exposing the part of the body that is being examined to a small dose of ionizing radiation to produce pictures of the inside of the body.
X-ray is also used to diagnose various conditions of the lungs including pneumonia, tumors and changes of heart failure. It also is used to diagnose fractures and other abnormalities of bones, joint conditions, and causes of abdominal pain.
How Does an X-Ray Work?
X-rays are a type of radiation just like radio waves and light. The X-ray machine is positioned toward the part of the body being imaged. It then produces a small amount of radiation that passes through the body and captures an image on film or a special image recording plate.
How to prepare for an X- Ray?
- You may be asked to wear a gown during the procedure.
- Wear clothing that is comfortable and easy to change.
- Please remove any jewelry, eyeglasses or any metal objects that are covering the area to be examined.
- You may be asked not to eat or drink for several hours prior to your procedure. We will give you instructions when you make your appointment.
- X-rays cannot be performed during pregnancy because of the potential harms to the fetus. Women should always notify the radiology technician of any possibility of pregnancy.